Ye-Yu (夜羽), which directly translates to Nightly Feathers, is the first luxury fountain pen from IKKAKU by Nahvalur.
The rounded, cylindrical body profile is based on the Nahvalur Nautilus pen design with layered, deep black urushi and exquisitely inlaid raden that mimics the feathers of nightingales.
Each Ye-Yu Urushi Raden Pen arrives in beautiful wood box, and includes a Nahvalur converter. For maximum ink capacity, this pen can be converted to fill with an eyedropper by removing the converter and applying a small amount of silicone grease to the section threads.
"Ikkaku" is the Japanese word for narwhal and the mark of luxury expressed in urushi and raden. IKKAKU by Nahvalur is yet another testament to Nahvalur’s unwavering dedication to luxury writing instruments with high craftsmanship and artistry
IKKAKU by Nahvalur Ye-Yu Urushi Raden Pen Specifications:
- Edition: 2023 Limited Edition
- Pen Material: Black urushi with inlaid raden decoration
- Trims and Clip: Gold Trim
- Nib: No. 6 size 14K Gold Nib available in F or M point sizes, plastic feed
- Filling System: Cartridge/Converter (included); can be converted to eyedropper
- Pen Length, Closed: 5.9 in. / 150mm
- Pen Length, Open (Cap Off): 5.24 in. / 133mm
- Pen Length, Open (Cap Posted): Cannot be posted
- Pen Barrel Diameter: 0.51 in. / 13mm
- Pen Grip Section Diameter: 0.39 in. - 0.45 in. / 10mm - 11.5mm
- Pen Weight: 1.3 oz. / 36.85g
- Packaged in a wooden Ikkaku gift box with warranty card