Introduced in the fall of 2021, the Nahvalur Nautilus combines vintage materials with modern designs. When fountain pens were first invented, all pens were made of a hardened rubber called ebonite. Today, hardly any pen companies are still using this beautiful material. The Nautilus series is bringing back this retro material while combining modern design elements. Three portholes are carefully crafted onto the body of the pen to allow users to view the ink reserve.
The Caldera Sea is a limited edition Nautilus with only 400 pieces worldwide. Each pen is numbered. Nahvalur introduces a new plating technic on this model. We carefully mix blue dye into gold plating solution to coat our nibs and metal parts bright blue color. This pen also features Nahvalur in-house made stainless steel nib or you can also fit 14K in-house made gold nib.
Nahvalur Nautilus Caldera Sea Fountain Pen Specifications
- Pen Material: Ebonite
- Trim: Blue
- Nib: Stainless steel #6 size or 14K Gold #6 size made by Nahvalur
- Filling Mechanism: Piston-filling (bottled ink only)
- Pen Length, Closed: 5.9 in. / 149mm
- Pen Length, Open (Cap Off): 5.24 in. / 133mm
- Pen Length, Open (Cap Posted): Cannot be posted
- Pen Barrel Diameter: 0.51 in. / 13mm
- Pen Grip Section Diameter: 0.39 in. - 0.45 in. / 10mm - 11.5mm
- Pen Weight: 1.3 oz. / 36.85g
- Packaged in a gift box
This limited edition pen is really gorgeous. The ripples of tan and blue ebonite are striking. I have other ebonite pens but this one feels much more solid and substantial than the others. It feels great to write with. I wasn’t sure what to expect with this purchase, but I like it so much that I had to buy another one.